Jennifer Convertibles - After reading these reviews looks like I'm screwed!
Update added by user Jul 16, 2015
Was contacted yesterday, 7-14-15 by the main office, asked to send pictures of my issues.Was contacted later in the day by the store manager.
They are going to be picking up my defective furniture and are working on securing replacements from a different manufacturer.
Hoping this is all going to work out and if so I can say that they have gone above and beyond to make this situation right for me.Will post a follow up once the defective is picked up and the new is delivered.
Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2015
Purchased a sofa bed and love seat set.Sales person in the East hanover location first lied and told me the memory foam mattress comes on it.
Delivered it with a spring mattress. After going back and forth with the store and main office they did deliver a new memory foam mattress. I've had my furniture for 5 weeks, it's at my shore home, so we've been using it for 3 weeks. I've had to file a complaint today on Jennifer's website since the lady who answered the phone in the NY customer center just hung up on me after she said "hello".
The salesperson did not bother to tell me that my set was made by Ashely furniture. To me that equates with something from Walmart! It is the poorest quality I've ever seen. The side of the couch, the fabric is all ripply and saggy.
The sofa bed mechanism is so tight that it takes two people to open the bed, one to hold the couch down so it doesn't fly off the ground or across the room and the other to tug and pull the bed part out. The bed..omg, a child sleeping on it, seems like it will cave in! Creaky and horrible. The 3 seat cushions on the sofa….the 2 end ones sink into the side of the couch.
A child could get trapped in there and it is 100% a strangulation hazard! There is batting sticking out from under the couch where it was just slopped on and haphazardly stapled on. Think of the time when you've maybe put new fabric over and old chair….that's what it's like! Since my sofa set was an oatmeal cover I purchased (from a different source) fabric throw covers to protect the sofa.
While the material is pristine since nobody has technically sat on the actual fabric it looks like the set is 5 years old. The actual sofa bed part literally almost hits the ground! I've emailed asking them to come and pick up this junk and refund my money. I wonder if I should hold my breath.
NEVER, EVER again will I even set foot in that store. You could not pay me to take a piece of furniture from there. The salesman was a complete liar, the customer service is literally nonexistent. My next step is going to be to contact the State of NJ and see what kind of consumer protection they offer.
Something needs to be done to either shut this company down or force them to make good on their warranty. Something that is a month old should fail so miserable and be so incredibly dangerous. Please people….do yourself a favor and run. Do not buy the Milari sofa set.
It's made by Ashely furniture so don't go there either.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Cheap quality of furniture they sold me
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Milari Linen Sofa And Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."