Update added by user Jul 16, 2015
Was contacted yesterday, 7-14-15 by the main office, asked to send pictures of my issues.Was contacted later in the day by the store manager.
They are going to be picking up my defective furniture and are working on securing replacements from a different manufacturer.
Hoping this is all going to work out and if so I can say that they have gone above and beyond to make this situation right for me.Will post a follow up once the defective is picked up and the new is delivered.
Original review posted by user Jul 10, 2015
Purchased a sofa bed and love seat set.Sales person in the East hanover location first lied and told me the memory foam mattress comes on it.
Delivered it with a spring mattress. After going back and forth with the store and main office they did deliver a new memory foam mattress. I've had my furniture for 5 weeks, it's at my shore home, so we've been using it for 3 weeks. I've had to file a complaint today on Jennifer's website since the lady who answered the phone in the NY customer center just hung up on me after she said "hello".
The salesperson did not bother to tell me that my set was made by Ashely furniture. To me that equates with something from Walmart! It is the poorest quality I've ever seen. The side of the couch, the fabric is all ripply and saggy.
The sofa bed mechanism is so tight that it takes two people to open the bed, one to hold the couch down so it doesn't fly off the ground or across the room and the other to tug and pull the bed part out. The bed..omg, a child sleeping on it, seems like it will cave in! Creaky and horrible. The 3 seat cushions on the sofa….the 2 end ones sink into the side of the couch.
A child could get trapped in there and it is 100% a strangulation hazard! There is batting sticking out from under the couch where it was just slopped on and haphazardly stapled on. Think of the time when you've maybe put new fabric over and old chair….that's what it's like! Since my sofa set was an oatmeal cover I purchased (from a different source) fabric throw covers to protect the sofa.
While the material is pristine since nobody has technically sat on the actual fabric it looks like the set is 5 years old. The actual sofa bed part literally almost hits the ground! I've emailed asking them to come and pick up this junk and refund my money. I wonder if I should hold my breath.
NEVER, EVER again will I even set foot in that store. You could not pay me to take a piece of furniture from there. The salesman was a complete liar, the customer service is literally nonexistent. My next step is going to be to contact the State of NJ and see what kind of consumer protection they offer.
Something needs to be done to either shut this company down or force them to make good on their warranty. Something that is a month old should fail so miserable and be so incredibly dangerous. Please people….do yourself a favor and run. Do not buy the Milari sofa set.
It's made by Ashely furniture so don't go there either.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Cheap quality of furniture they sold me
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Milari Linen Sofa And Loveseat
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."