Featured Not resolved
1.4
Style and Design

On June 30, 2017, I purchased a convertible sofa after sitting on it in the showroom. The sofa arrived on September 12.

The seat cushions are almost 3 inches thicker than the ones in the showroom and our feet don't touch the floor. I was told that it was because they had not been sat on like the showroom ones, which I knew was untrue, so I even brought the new one to the showroom and took pictures comparing them. I was then told that perhaps the manufacturer added more cushion and that the change was within the design specifications. After weeks of haggling over the phone with my requests to have them return the sofa and give me a refund, they said that they would send a service technician who would either fix the problem or provide them unbiased information to determine if they would have the sofa returned for a refund.

They finally sent a service man on October 12. He told me that the cushions were definitely over 2 inches thicker and that if he took some padding out, the leather would crease and crack. When I called Jennifer back on October 18th, I was told that the service man wrote in his report that the cushions should be replaced with metal spring cushions. However, the manufacturer does not make metal spring cushions and so there is nothing that they will do for me and I just have to live with it.

So far, no one has sat on the sofa and it is totally useless to us. What's more , they were very nasty to me and hung up on me twice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Jennifer Convertibles Sofa.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2086.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments