Houston, Texas

I bought what was advertised as a leather sofa from a Jennifer Convertibles furniture store seven years ago.There was a one year guarantee.

Within two years, the sofa started to peel, shedding pieces of "leather" on one's clothes and the carpet underneath. I called the store, which had closed, and then called their number for customer service several times, but was put on hold unattended literally for several hours. No one ever responded to my calls and messages. After this experience, I did some research to discover that many others have had the same experience.

The sofas fraudulently advertised as "leather" were not in fact, leather, and would peel inevitably only after the one-year guarantee had expired. The materials were cheap and fraudulently advertised, the customer service awful, and as a consumer or an interior designer, one should never buy from this company.

I give zero stars for this company.If you want to buy quality leather furniture, go to West Elm, Crate & Barrel, or Pottery Barn.

Review about: Jennifer Convertibles Leather Sofa.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Jennifer Convertibles?

Comments

Same thing happened to me--same sofa same peeling.Seven years later.

Time to trash the sofa and the store.Buyer beware.

R0
to Anonymous New York, New York, United States #1261895

Hi

I would like to know if the sofa you bought was the Riley Sofa advertise as leather. I am considering buying but after seeing these reviews I am afraid :(.

Please advise.